Monday, December 17, 2018

18 for 2018: HOW DID I DO

Spoiler alert, you guys.  The verdict is mixed here.


1. Blog everyday
I did this one, but I don't think I would do it again.  I will for sure set a weekly blog goal because in some ways it made me feel more present in my life.  But my blog metrics reveal that this exercise was BORING for all f you.

2. No FB 9-5 M-F: 
I am doing so much better with my FB addiction.  I deleted the app, and I am rarely on FB except on my computer.  But. I am on Instagram all the effing time.  So.

3.  Read 100 books
Um, nailed this one out of the park.  I am going t up the ante for next year for sure.

4.  Read Poetry:
This was such a good one for me.

5.  Table Setting:
I bought chargers.  And used them!  Yes!

6.  Book plot/writing:
I really sucked it up on this one. I need to brainstorm ways to break this goal down and add it to my 2019 list.

7.  Print Pics:
$%^#

8.  Track Spending: 
*&%$

9.  Post on Insta and 1SE: 
I slacked on 1 SE, and Insta stories really slowed down my normal picture posting.  But I am not going to resolve to do MORE on social media because that would literally be fucking nuts.

10:  Have a dinner party: 
Thanksgiving?  Does that count?

11.  Let the kids entertain more at home: 
YEP.

12.  Write poetry:
YEP.

13.  Volunteer for candidates: 
Well, I watched the kids while Ben did this.  And did it so well, I might add.

14.  Clean the closet + maintain it:
YES.  But it has fallen all the hell in the last few weeks because of all the presents.

15.  Family movie night: 
LOVE this one, and so do the kids.  Ben is not a huge fan because of all of the squabbling, but for me, there's nothing better than a good candy binge followed by passing out on the couch at like 6:30pm.

16.  Paint the downstairs and fix the bathroom:  
We actually thought about doing this one the day after Thanksgiving.  But so far, no go.  We are getting to a point where we need to do a few things around the house (which turns EIGHT this year), so I hope to see more like this on next year's list.

17.  Harmonious mornings: 
This is WAY BETTER.  I no longer make the mistake of checking Harry's learning management cite in the morning.  And I have learned through trial and much error that the kids need to lay their clothes out the night before (this is not rocket science; I know) and even though I HATE working out first thing in the morning, I need to get on the machine before 6 am if I want my day to be smooth.

18:  More date nights: 
Can I just say, this was an inspired goal.  We have had so much fun spending time with friends or just with each other.  I want more social goals on my list for next year because sometimes I just retreat into my book and coach cave (where I am super happy), but I need to get out more, literally.

I freaking LOVE resolutions, so you can be sure I will trot some out for the new year.  Any ideas you're working on??

No comments:

Post a Comment