Friday, March 01, 2019

February: What I Read

For some reason, my January post was saved as a draft and never published.  But you can read it here: https://harrytimes.blogspot.com/2019/02/january-what-i-read.html

I read some crap this month.  Like these 3 books on getting pregnant when you are a million years old that seem to be based on TOTAL JUNK SCIENCE and make me think that since I cannot eat avocado or nut butter, I am totally barren for the rest of my life.

17. The Woman Code, 16. Taking Charge of Your Fertility, and 15. How to Conceive Naturally and Have a Healthy Pregnancy After 30.  All you need to know is that a positive attitude is healing; flaxseed is better than sperm, and parabens re the devil.

These were also NOT GOOD.

14,. Before We Were Yours by Lisa Wingate:  Gripping but terrible.

13. Shelter in Place by Nora Roberts: Same.

12. Little Broken Things by Nicole Baart:  You guys.  I don't even remember what this was about and I just turned the last page a second ago, but I know it was sliiiightly better than Nora Roberts.

11. Mr. and Mrs. American Pie by Juliet McDaniel:  This was funny.  I liked it a lot.  But also it was total crap.  I am not going to lie.  All of these books were kind of disappointing.  I am between library holds hauls and am just reading what's

10. Welcome to the World Baby Girl by Fannie Flagg:  What can I say?  It's terrible, but I am hooked on the Elmwood Springs books.

Getting Better

9. Yesterday I Was the Moon by Noor Unnahar:  I loved this one!

8. Girl, Wash Your Face by Rachel Hollis: Protestant work ethic, unchecked privilege, and deserving poor problems aside, this book is charming and really does have some good advice.  There.  I said it.

7. Dark Matter by Blake Crouch:  Gah.  THIS is why I don't like books by white dudes.  BNuyt also, this book was super engrossing.

6. Conscience by Alice Mattison:  This started slow for me, but then I realized I was in love with it.

5. Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert:  I LOVE THIS BOOK, and it was just what I needed to read.

You Should Read These

4. The Last Romantics by Tara Conklin:  I love a big sad family story.

3. In Pieces by Sally Field:  This is great!  Way better than your typical celebrity memoir.

2. A Life of my Own by Claire Tomalin:  Oh, I loved this so much.  She is so smart and so strong.

1. On the Come Up by Angie Thomas:  THIS IS WONDERFUL.  Maybe I liked it as much as The hate U Give.

So, if you are playing along at home, that means I am 40 books into the year.  Only 160 to go!!

No comments:

Post a Comment