Thursday, September 26, 2019

Hello, Fall.

 I wish we could hang on to this weather forever.  I mean, how many days in a calendar year are sweatshirt dress weather, you know?  N O T   E N O U G H.
 Dorothy is back in the dance studio 2 days a week, taking jazz, hip hop (pictured), tap, and ballet.  Most of the kids she has been in class with since preschool are on the dance team this year, and I have to tell you that was not on my radar for her (nor was it recommended in her "classes for next year" email) but now I have FOMO.  WHAT IN THE WORLD IS WRONG WITH ME?  SHE IS SIX.  But, I have to say, she is happy as a little clam at dance and I love it so much.
Dorothy and Cooper and I are devouring Ramona Quimby, Age 8, which I know is toward the tail end of the series, but I started with it because it is my hands-down favorite.  We have Ramona the Pest at the top of the pile to read next, though.
 Harry and Jack had school pictures, which they apparently thought were in smell-o-vision because HOLY AXE.


 Dorothy told me at pick-up yesterday that she needed a nap.
 And immediately fell asleep on the way to pick the boys up at Harry's volleyball practice/their Macbeth auditions and take everyone to Dorothy's soccer practice.
Then she was sound asleep three paragraphs into Ramona, even though we are on the last chapter, and the kids cannot wait to wrap it up.

PLEASE DO NOT LET HER BE SICK.  I am a working mom who actually has a TON of work to do right now but will totally stay home as long as I need to, which is a page right out of Mrs. Quimby's world and hey wait a minute WHO ARE THESE BOOKS FOR ANYWAY?

No comments:

Post a Comment