Thursday, September 20, 2007

Surprise!!!!



Yeah. That's an ultrasound picture, taken last Thursday, at 8 and a half weeks.

We were going to wait longer to tell the world, but today, I woke up with a big ol' pregnant tummy, which is cool with me because I haven't gained any weight, and all my pants still fit if I wear them really low.

But I think maybe the reason I haven't gained in any weight is either A) I have been too queasy to eat for the past month or so, B) My boobs are even smaller than they were pre-breastfeeding, or C) I have only been working out 4 days a week, so all my muscle tone is gone, and fat weighs less than muscle anyway.

Still, I didn't show with Harry until 20 weeks-ish, and that was only when I would pooch my stomach way out, so it's creepy to be this big this soon.

Baby #2 is due at the end of the Spring semester (see-- you spend 5 years studying Planned Parenthood, and you get really damn precise at family planning).

And yeah. We're freaking the eff out. Oh and yeah. That's why I've been such a colossal bitch lately.

(One more thing: If you want to see the really funny sticky-outy vein in Ben's forehead, ask him how many home pregnancy tests I took-- just ask him-- it's funny.)

(Last thing, I promise: Harry knows where the baby is, and he kisses it-- cute, huh?)

10 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:20 AM

    WHAT...WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME? WHY AM I ALWAYS THE LAST TO KNOW...GOSH

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:54 AM

    Omg, definitely a nice surprise! A huge congrats to the three of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy for you! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7:13 PM

    T am so glad you put this up! I didn't know how I could shut my fat mouth in Des Moines this weekend

    ReplyDelete
  5. WHAA?! That is so exciting! Congratulations! I hope you blog through it all. :)

    And Harry kissing the baby is ADORABLE.

    (And...uh...it's my secret wish to be enormously pregnant at my hooding ceremony, hopefully in May)

    ReplyDelete
  6. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous8:07 PM

    Mazel Tov...a blessing on all your heads...hope it's a girl, for variety...Bomma

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've come back to this entry three times now. I'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous9:31 AM

    Congratulations!!! Why is everyone I know pregnant??? :) It so better not be going around!

    So excited for you!!

    Kim from BSU

    ReplyDelete