Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Siiiick

Siiiiiiiiiiiick. We're siiiiiiiiick.

with mall bangs

Actually, we've had a pleasant week despite fever and chills and a little puke and horrible work stress from both me and Ben as we scramble to flex our hours and meet essential deadlines and swab the deck at home.

I've realized a few things this week. Like that we have a serious Build a Bear problem.

and that next semester, I need to make sure I have at least one full day a week at home with them because I have really missed it these past 6 weeks.

So, I have a more serious post I have been dying to write, but Ben spelled me with the kids at noon yesterday so I could run to the office and catch up on all manner of details before my class in the afternoon, and I knew he would KILL me if a ginormous blog post popped up during that time because he is really crunched at StudyBlue right now because it;s midterm season and students are just starting to study.

I want to write about mothering in the twenty first century, and have a fantastic and vibrant discussion in the comments, but before I do, please read this Washington Post article
and also this excellent post and its thoughtful comments.

(ha! I just told you what to read for discussion! can you tell the semester has started? ha!)

3 comments:

  1. Yay, Harrytimes school! Sorry you guys are sick. Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My neighbor in Indiana called that State Fair hair, which I love. Just because of the rhyme really

    ReplyDelete
  3. So this is stupid... "In 1994, 19.8 percent of married-couple families with children younger than 15 had a stay-at-home mother. Last year, it was 23.7 percent of families -- an increase that Elliott said was statistically significant. "I don't think we exactly know why," she said."

    THEY DON'T KNOW WHY? Could it be because unemployment is at its highest rate since the 1980s and maybe there aren't any jobs out there so women HAVE to stay home?

    Brilliant research right there.

    And sorry everyone is sick!

    ReplyDelete