My parents came in this weekend to end the holiday season with one more round of gifting. We had so much fun that we barely took any pictures. But here are a few:
Ben and I had a really quiet and dare I say lame New Year's Eve. We made the kids whatever weirdo food they requested and let them make merry with a NYE party in a box until they went to bed "super late" (7:30). Then Ben grilled steaks, and we had shrimp and asparagus and chocolate cake and champagne. We hung out with my brother Ben and his girlfriend Stephanie after dinner and still managed to fall asleep before midnight. Awesome.
Today, Ben went to work and the kids went to school, and I thought I would have a lot of fun doing nothing, but I made myself a really long To-Do list, and damn if I didn't do most of it. Even though some of it was stupid stuff like "take vitamins" and "eat 6 servings of fruits and veggies." Tomorrow is the same scenario, but I have to run to the office to print some stuff, and I am getting a hair cut, and the kids have a shorter day tomorrow, and Ben is working super late. You know what's cool about me? I always have something to bitch about even when it seems like nothing could possibly be wrong. It's a talent.
New Year's Resolutions? Anybody?
I have a few, all focused on healthy lifestyle choices:
1. Limit caffeine intake to 1 cup of coffee a day. (For my anxiety.) Blurgh.
2. Eat 6 servings of fruits and vegetables every day (I thought I already did this until yesterday, when I realized I had" only" eaten cinnamon toast, pizza, Christmas candy, cookies, and buffalo wings-- and that this menu has been pretty common lately).
3. Limit desserts to once-ish a day.
4. Calm the fuck down. Just, you know, in general. (Related to #1)
5. Work out 5 days a week (I already do this, but making it a resolution feels more official)
You? Resolved anything you'd like to share?