Saturday, August 04, 2012

Day 3

Today was a real clusterfuck in a woe-is-me-my-problems-aren't-real-problems kind of way.

We finally got to check into our real resort today, which was exciting since we could unpack the car all the way and get our little beastie baby into a vacation routine for the week. We were thrilled with the hotel lobby and grounds.  Nothing says vacation like rows of blue umbrellas on the beach, cabanas, and bar service to your pool chair.  Imagine our horror when the front desk guy showed us to our suite.  Which was just a room with a king size bed and couch and a weird mini sink in the corner and a bathroom with a shower but no tub.  WTF we asked.  He pointed out the ocean view.  We pointed out the three other people we had to share the room with and the print-out of our online reservation that spoke of a bedroom, a living room, and 2 bathrooms.  He was like, sorry man, the hotel is booked solid.  WTF we asked again, louder this time.  We launched into a good cop/crazy hormonal cop routine, where Ben acted really bummed about driving from Wisconsin to this shitty room, and I started yelling and calling other hotels.  Luckily the good cop worked because everything else was booked!  We now have 2 huge rooms and 2 huge bathrooms.  And we're on the 7th floor and I hate elevators, so my vacation exercise plan got that much easier!

Harry and Jack love a good breakfast buffet
 I tried to hand Cooper a muffin, and he attacked.
 The other part of my exercise plan involves long walks on the beach with my baby.  Also, the humidity is giving me lunch lady bangs.
 They love the water
 He wanted me to take a picture of him sticking his head in the ocean.  Um, ok.
 Ben offered them $5 if they cold catch a fish with their hands.  Jack is contemplating.
 Cooper ate so much sand and really suddenly.  He'd be fine and I would turn my head for a second, and I'd turn back around to find him lying on his stomach eating the beach like dog food.
 He liked the view from dinner.
Harry and Jack are driving us nuts by bedtime, so our goal for tomorrow is to put everyone down 90 minutes earlier and in the same room so we can watch Big Brother.  Party animals.

6 comments:

  1. Looks like a great place spot! You need two rooms for a long term stay. My goodness. Glad they "worked it out" for you.

    Love the pic of you with Cooper in the Ergo. Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And also, Ryan is ALWAYS the good cop. He gets WAY more things accomplished than me when it comes to customer service.

    ReplyDelete
  3. tripod7:54 AM

    Who was the hormonal cop?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was hormonal cop. I was all, "please sir, I just drove twenty hours with three kids under 7 and my wife seems to be losing her mind."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Josh is always good cop, too. I get shrieky. And Maeve eats more sand than any human should reasonably ingest. It's disgusting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG, I can't stand fighting with hotels to get WHAT I PAID FOR!!! Like they're doing you a huge favor by honoring your reservation. Ugh.

    Seven flights of hotel stairs? You're a champ. I'll take my chances in the elevator, tyvm. ;-)

    ReplyDelete