5. Art of Memoir by Mary Karr I really wanted to love this because I would really like to write a memoir, but I just... It was sort of for a grad class and sort of for a popular audience and it just... I don't know.
4. After You by JoJo Moyes: THIS WAS TERRIBLE. It's a sequel to Me Before You, which is going to be a movie and which I really liked, but oh my goodness was it bad. I actually have not liked any of her other books, but then Me Before You was so good that I reconsidered, but this stinker has made me re-reconsider.
3. Golden Age by Jane Smiley: I wrote about this earlier in the month-- a total blocker book for me. but ultimately, I am glad I finished it because I read the others, and it concluded the series really well, albeit sadly.
2. Why Not Me by Mindy Kaling: SO FUNNY. I don't even totally like Mindy Kaling, and he other book was just kind of meh for me, but this was almost as funny as Bossy Pants and funnier than Yes, Please.
1. The Children's Crusade by Ann Packer: THIS WAS TERRIFIC and sad and wistful and made me think a lot about being a parent. Loved it.