Friday, November 01, 2019

October: What I Read

15. Travel Light, Move Fast by Alexandra Fuller:  Meh, and you know I am a sucker for memoirs, usually.

14. Wayward Son by Rainbow Rowell:  Oh, I just did not love Simon Snow #2.

13. The Helpline by Katherine Collette: I think I am over books that feature a mathy and socially awkward main character.  Like, isn't this played out?

12. Supper Club by Lara Williams:  I loved the idea of this book, but not the execution.

11. Is There Still Sex in the City by Candace Bushnell:  I mean, people like me are buying this book, so we gotta go with YES here.  I still love the brand.  Let's get the series going again/make another movie-- I am all in.

10. Girls Night Out by Liz Fenton and Lisa Steinke:  YES! I like this writing team, and this thriller did not disappoint with a fast-paced plot and good characters.

9. The Rest of the Story by Sarah Dessen:  A YA book that I am here for!  I do wish it were a faster read, though.  I felt like I spent too long on it for a YA book.

8. How Could She by Lauren Mechling: The politics of female friendships-- my favorite!

7. Inland by Tea Obreht: My biggest complaint is that she changes POV at the exact second I am hooked on a particular character.

6. The Mother-In-Law by Sally Hepworth:  This was so sad and intriguing.  A good mystery with great characters that really kept me guessing.

5. Gravity is the Thing by Jaclyn Moriarty: I had a hard time getting rolling with this one, but the ending was a major payoff-- loved it!

4. Breathe In, Cash Out by Madeleine Henry:  This is adorable and hilarious, and I loved it.

3. Three Women by Lisa Taddeo:  This really does live up to the hype.  You should just go ahead and read it already.  It would be a fantastic book club book.

2. Fleishman Is in Trouble by Taffy Brodessser-Akner: READ THIS. It's a delight-- engrossing, well-paced, with sadly hilarious characters.

1. The Gifted School by Bruce Holsinger: YES YES YES.  This was every bit as good as I hoped it would be.  Read it!

No comments:

Post a Comment